COURGETTE SPAGHETTI WITH DAIRY-FREE PESTO AND ROASTED RED PEPPERS

By 09:48 , , , , , , , , ,

On the menu today


Firstly I would like to give a huge thanks to my fellow foodie friend Emily for introducing me to the julienne style peeler. This handy device means you can make spaghetti from a load of different vegetables (and courgette happens to only be 30 calories for the ENTIRE thing!). So I decided to team it with my amazing dairy-free pesto recipe for an incredibly satisfing yet low fat meal.




For the pesto you will need:
  • 1oz fresh basil leaves
  • 1oz pine nuts
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 4 tbs olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 150ml water (use the water from the courgette if you can!)



If you are using the water from the courgette then whizz this together in a food processor before hand then add the water at the end. If not then whizz it all together including water and set aside to heat up when ready.

Roast the peppers while you peel the courgette.


I got my peeler from Fenwicks for £5!



Cover the courgette in hot water and boil for a few minutes - you basically just want to heat it up rather than actually cook it.
Add the courgette, red peppers, and warmed pesto, top with pine nuts. Beautiful!







You Might Also Like

0 comments