CRUNCHY QUINOA AND CASHEW SALAD
When I found this recipe on Ambitious Kitchen I had to try it out quick snap. Colourful, crunchy, flavourful, and fresh, it has so many elements that make this dish so appealing!
Read more for the recipe!
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage (they didn't have red at the supermaket so I had to settle for white!)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped corriander
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 cup chickpeas
- Fresh lime
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Water to thin, if needed (I did need!)
- Rinse quinoa, then bring to the boil in a sauce pan with 1 1/2 cups of water. Cover and simmer for 15 mins. Remove from heat and set aside uncovered so it can cool.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by adding the peanut butter and agave syrup to a sauce pan and stir heat gently for about 30 seconds or until warmed. Remove from heat and add the ginger,
soy sauce, vinegar, and oil and stir. Here you can add water by the tablespoon if it is too thick.
- Stir the dressing into the quinoa
- Finally, add the red pepper, onions, cabbage, carrots, and corriander to the quinoa. Sprinkle with the cashews, garnish with the lime wedges, and serve!