These truffles are the perfect little Valentines treat! The centre is
slighty more gooey than normal truffles but they're so yummy you won't even notice! This can be a bit fiddly but it's definitely worth it in the end. The measurements will be
different depending on what type of mould you use so adjust accordingly!
Just make sure the ratios are the same :) If you want to make a strawberry flavoured filling change the vanilla extract for a strawberry one.
For the shell
- 1 bar of Bournville dark chocolate (or 180g other dairy free chocolate)
- 1/4 of the cream from a can of coconut milk (ensure it's chilled)
- 1/2 bar of Bournville dark chocolate (or 90g other dairy free chocolate)
- 1 tbsp agarve syrup
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract or strawberry extract
with the filling. Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave (be
careful not to burn it!). Then stir in the coconut cream until it's
fully melted. Add the syrup and extract. Set aside.
- Melt the
chocolate for the shell. Line the mould with the chocolate, ensuring
it's fully covered and reaches right to the top! There should be
chocolate remaining to cover the other side of the hearts. Place in the
freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from freezer ensuring the chocolate has set. Then spoon the filling into each of the hearts.
- Place back in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and remove the hearts from the mould carefully.
the bottom of each of the hearts in the mould with the remaining
chocolate and place the hearts back in with the open side facing
- Place back in freezer for 1 hour to ensure the chocolate and filling is fully set.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy! Make sure you keep them chilled in the fridge :)